An important routine to maintain that beautiful looking skin!
Thanks for the overwhelming responses from my previous blogs!. Some of the many questions asked were how exactly should one apply skincare correctly. And how to maintain having that beautiful skin. Is it really tough to maintain it? Well.. no matter how good the product is, if you do not apply it the right way, your skin do not absorb the goodness from these products. So ladies, i hope this guide can help to check if you are doing it the right way! And what exactly are the ways to maintain aside from having a good skincare product. Do share so everyone can be learn too.
Try not to touch your face with your hands
Many tend to touch their faces with their dirty hands. It’s a BIG no no! Our hands are filled with bacteria which can set on our faces and these dirt will clogged our pores which will result in an outbreak of pimples. Always wash your hands with soap before touching our delicate face.
Never pick on the pimple on our face
Please, try as much as possible not to squeeze the pimple though it can be really tempting to do it! I’m a culprit myself and i always ended up regretting it! It tends to worsen and the scar takes forever to heal. It can be depressing especially when you have some major function to attend that night.
Never leave your make up on when you sleep
I know how tired you can be at times after a late night movie or a date, still you must never leave your make up on and head straight to the bed! It will clogged your pores and prevents your skin from breathing. You need rest at night, so does your skin! So please don’t be lazy to cleanse them before you sleep.
Basic skincare regime
If you do not have a basic skincare regime, you have to start getting them and apply it diligently at least once or twice a day. You should determine your skin type and buy products that suit your skin. This is incredibly the most important step as it can worsen your skin should you use the wrong skincare.
- Normal Skin- is smooth and firm with small or medium sized pores. It doesn’t get too dry or too oily, and it only has the occasional blemish. People with normal skin should moisturize, cleanse, use a spot treatment and maybe a night solution.
- Dry Skin- If your skin feels very tight and is noticeably flaky in areas, you have dry skin. Dry skin can be caused by lack of hydration or malnutrition. Dry skin can look rough and bumpy and rarely gets oily. Those with dry skin should find a deep moisturizer, use a spot treatment and a moisturizing night solution.
- Oily Skin- is easy to identify. If your face is visibly shiny and literally feels wet when you touch it, you have oily skin. Oily skin come with large pores that are more noticeable and is usually more prone to blemishes. If you have oily skin, you should tone, exfoliate, use a spot treatment, and lightly moisturize once in a while.
- Combination Skin- gets a taste of just about every skin type. If you have combination skin, you tend to get oily around your nose, chin, and forehead area and dryness around your cheeks.. Majority of asians have combination skin. If you are among them, exfoliate, cleanse, moisturize, and use a spot treatment.
- Sensitive Skin- If you burn very easily, have reactions to certain cosmetics, and have irritated skin after a dramatic change in weather, you have sensitive skin. Sensitive skin is very hard to deal with because it isn’t as durable as other skin types. You have to thoroughly test products before risking a purchase, and you find blemishes hard to treat. If you have sensitive skin, use a moisturizer, cleanser, and spot treatment all suitable for sensitive skin.
You should always cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day. Once in the morning and once before you go to bed. This will help your skin to breathe and heal overnight. You should also exfoliate your skin twice a week so the dead skin cells can be removed as these dead cells will leave your complexion looking dull.
– Exfoliating at night so fresh skin isn’t exposed to UV rays during the daytime.
– Applying the skincare products in this order; serum based, moisturizer and then followed by sunblock. Remember to apply according from thin to thick consistencies.
– Applying a mask twice a week. Use a hydrating mask if you have dry skin so it helps to replenish the lose of water in your skin.
– Stick to the routine that you have been using as your skin needs to get used to the frequency of being treated and the products you are using. Sometimes, you will see some negative effects on your skin but it should go away after the skin adjust to these products.
– If it doesn’t improve in a month, you should try other products.